Working Group 1 of the LISA International Science Team (LIST):
Sources and Data Analysis
Co-chairs: Sterl Phinney (Caltech) and Bernard Schutz (AEI)
Interested persons may
sign up for task groups on the topics listed below at a
maintained by the coordinating scientific secretary.
The WG1 will call upon these task groups for help addressing issues
brought to it by the LIST or the LISA project,
and would then sponsor telecons and request white papers.
Members can of course also work independently as desired,
and can submit results (or links thereto) to the WG1 website.
Source astrophysics (models of rates, relevant physics & astronomy)
- Galactic (incl globular cluster, LMC, SMC etc) binaries
- Supermassive black holes in merging galaxies and protogalaxies
- compact objects in star clusters around supermassive black holes
- intermediate mass black holes
- cosmological backgrounds (inflation, EW phase transition, etc)
- Other (e.g. cosmic strings, VMOs, etc)
Source waveforms and data analysis issues
- Galactic binaries
- Black holes of mass ratio 1/1 to 1/100
- Compact objects captured by black holes (mass ratio <1/100).
- Other (including cosmic strings, cosmological backgrounds, etc)
- Detailed simulation of LISA data stream from sources
Last Update: 2006 Jan 24