Recommended Text Book
(not required, can be used for reference reading, homework and exam)
- A. Zee, Groups, Group Theory in a Nutshell for Physicists, Princeton University Press, 2016.
- P. Ramond, Group Theory: A Physicist’s Survey, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2010.
- H. F. Jones, Groups, Representations, and Physics, Institute of Physics Publishing, 2nd ed.,
- J. F. Cornwell, Group Theory in Physics: An Introduction, Academic Press, 1997.
- Wu-Ki Tung, Group Theory in Physics, World Scientific, 1985.
- H. Georgi, Lie Algebras in Particle Physics, Benjamin, 1982.
- E. P. Wigner, Group Theory, Academic Press, 1959.
- J. Talman, Special Functions, a Group-Theoretic Approach, Benjamin, 1968.
- M. Tinkham, Group Theory and Quantum Mechanics, 1964.
Posted here every Tuesday, due on the following Tuesday by 5pm. Please put finished homework in a box marked 'Ph129b Inbox' in Bridge Annex. Solutions will be posted on this website.
Graded problem sets can be picked up in a box marked 'Ph129b Outbox' in Bridge Annex on the Monday after the due date.
Final exam in the week of Mar. 12, 2018. The exam will be take-home and "limited" open-book (only textbooks and class notes allowed).
60% problem sets, 40% final exam.
Homework and exam are governed by the honor system.
- Sanle Hu, husanlex[at]gmail.com
- Recitation: every Monday (starting from the third week) from 7-8pm at Bridge B157
- office hour: every Monday (starting from the third week) from 8-9pm at Bridge B157