Friends of the COC
5th Annual Voice Recital
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Begins at 7:00 pm
- The Caltech Opera Club (COC) was founded in 2002 to promote increased interactions among diverse members of the Caltech community through a shared interest in opera. The club also serves to expand and enrich cultural experiences of its members.
- The members include undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, postdocs, faculty and staff.
- Club gatherings are held at lunchtime during which guest speakers present talks on operas and its composers. Gatherings are informal to promote social interactions in a relaxed setting.What do we do?
Who can join our club?
- Come and join us at our gatherings to enrich your opera-going experience.
- We get-together in an informal and friendly setting.
- We listen to great music.
- We hear interesting lectures on operas and composers.
What does it cost to join?
- Anyone affiliated with Caltech or JPL is welcome to our club: Undergraduates, Graduate students, Alumni, Postdocs, Faculty and Staff, including their family members
- No prior knowledge of opera is required
- We donít sing, so you donít need to have a good singing voice to be a member.
When do we meet?
- Absolutely nothing! We donít charge membership fees.
What are the benefits of joining the club?
- We meet at lunchtime.
- You are welcome to bring your lunch to our gatherings.
How can you join?
- A chance to learn more about opera and enrich your life with beautiful music.
- Meeting members of the Caltech community through shared interest
- College Club memberships (with the Los Angeles Opera) for a selected group of students, both undergrad and graduate students
- Just email us at email@example.com