Electrical Engineering Department
California Institute of Technology
Coding and information theory, signal processing and communication theory with applications to wireless networks, cyber-physical systems and man-machine symbiosis, and biological and neuronal networks.
Professional Interest: Management of technological innovation
· EE150: Digital Ventures Design [link]
· EE163A: Communication Theory
· CS145: Networking
Communications, Coding and Information Theory
· A. Sadeghi, M. Luvisotto, F. Lahouti, S. Vitturi, M. Zorzi “Statistical QoS analysis of full-duplex and half-duplex heterogeneous cellular networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. Communications, Malaysia, 2016.
· M. Luvisotto, A. Sadeghi, F. Lahouti, S. Vitturi, M. Zorzi “RCFD: A frequency-based channel access scheme for full-duplex wireless networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. Communications, Malaysia, 2016.
· P. Tehrani, F. Lahouti, M. Zorzi, “Resource allocation and scheduling in OFDMA networks with half-duplex and imperfect full-duplex users,” IEEE Int. Conf. Communications, Malaysia, 2016.
· M. K. Izadinasab, F. Lahouti, B. Hassibi, “Robust causal transform coding for LQG systems with delay loss in communications,” American Control Conference, Boston, USA, 2016.
· A. Sadeghi, F. Lahouti, M. Zorzi, “Constellation shaping and LDPC coding in a bidirectional full duplex communication,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2015.
· R. Joda, E. Erkip, F. Lahouti, “Wyner-Ziv Source coding with feedback and uncertain side information,” IEEE Iran Workshop on Communication and Information Theory, May 2015.
· R. Joda, F. Lahouti, E. Erkip, “Delay-Distortion-Power trade-offs in transmission of quasi-stationary sources over block fading channel,” Revised, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2015.
· A. Azari, J. S. Harsini, F. Lahouti, “Performance analysis of ad-hoc routing in heterogeneous clustered multi-hop wireless networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 80, pp. 143-154, 2015.
· H. Esfahanizadeh, F. Lahouti, B. Hassibi, “A matrix completion approach to linear index coding problem,” IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), Australia, Nov., 2014.
Signal Processing, Analytics and Optimization
· F. Lahouti, “Fundamental limits of crowdsourcing,” Information Theory & Applications, San Diego, CA, 2016.
· R. Hassani Etemad, F. Lahouti, “Resilient decentralized consensus-based state estimation for smart grid in presence of false data,” IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, China, 2016.
· L. Majzoobi, F. Lahouti, “Analysis of distributed ADMM algorithm for consensus optimization in presence of error,” IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Shanghai, China, 2016.
· S. Rezaei, H. Radmanesh, P. Alavizadeh, H. Nikoofar, F. Lahouti, “Automatic fault detection and diagnosis in cellular networks using operations support systems data,” IEEE/IFIP Network and Operations Management Symposium, Turkey, 2016.
Biological & Neuronal Networks
· S. Ghavami, R. Adve, F. Lahouti, “Bounds on the capacity of ASK molecular communication channels with ISI,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2015.
· S. Ghavami, V. Rahmati, F. Lahouti, L. Schwabe, “'Synchrony in neuronal communication: An energy efficient scheme,” IEEE Iran Workshop on Communication and Information Theory, May 2015.
· S. Ghavami, R. Adve, F. Lahouti, “Information rates of ASK-based molecular communication in fluid media,” To Appear, IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological and Multi-scale Communications.
· S. Ghavami, O. Wolkenhauer, F. Lahouti, M. Ullah, M. Linnebacher, “Accounting for randomness in measurement and sampling in studying cancer cell population dynamics,” IET Systems Biology, vol 8, no. 5, pp. 230-241, Oct. 2014.
125 Moore Lab, MC 136-93
Email ID at caltech.edu: lahouti