Electrical Engineering Department
California Institute of Technology
Coding and information theory, signal processing and communication theory with applications to wireless networks and machine learning
Professional Interest: Management of technological innovation
· EE163B: Enabling Innovations for Next Generation Networks [ ]
· EECS147: Digital Ventures Design [ ]
· EE163A: Communication Theory
· CS145: Networking
Signal Processing, Analytics and Optimization
· N. Azizan R., F. Lahouti, S. Avestimehr, B. Hassibi, “APC: Distributed solution of large-scale linear systems via accelerated projection-Based consensus,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (TSP), under review, Proceedings of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2018
· L. Majzoobi, V. Shah-Mansouri, F. Lahouti, “Analysis of distributed ADMM algorithm for consensus optimisation over lossy networks,” IET Signal Processing, Vol.: 12 , No. 6, 2018.
· F. Lahouti, B. Hassibi, “Fundamental limits of budget-fidelity trade-off in label crowdsourcing, Thirtieth Annual Conf. on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Barcelona, Spain, 2016
· F. Lahouti, “Fundamental limits of crowdsourcing,” Information Theory & Applications, San Diego, CA, 2016.
· R. Hassani Etemad, F. Lahouti, “Resilient decentralized consensus-based state estimation for smart grid in presence of false data,” IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, China, 2016.
· L. Majzoobi, F. Lahouti, “Analysis of distributed ADMM algorithm for consensus optimization in presence of error,” IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Shanghai, China, 2016.
· S. Rezaei, H. Radmanesh, P. Alavizadeh, H. Nikoofar, F. Lahouti, “Automatic fault detection and diagnosis in cellular networks using operations support systems data,” IEEE/IFIP Network and Operations Management Symposium, Turkey, 2016.
Communications, Coding and Information Theory
· M. Zorzi, A. R. Khamesi, F. Lahouti, “Exact assessment of the delay-rate tradeoff in ergodic interference alignment,” IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 22 , No. 5, pp. 910-913, 2018.
· M. Luvisotto, A. Sadeghi, F. Lahouti, S. Vitturi, M. Zorzi, “RCFD: A novel channel access scheme for full-duplex wireless networks based on contention in time and frequency domains,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 2381 - 2395, Jan. 2018
· M. Ebrahimi, F. Lahouti, V. Kostina, “Coded random access design for constrained outage,” IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Germany, pp. 2732-2736, 2017.
· A. Sadeghi, M. Luvisotto, F. Lahouti, S. Vitturi, M. Zorzi “Statistical QoS analysis of full-duplex and half-duplex heterogeneous cellular networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. Communications, Malaysia, 2016.
· P. Tehrani, F. Lahouti, M. Zorzi, “Resource allocation and scheduling in OFDMA networks with half-duplex and imperfect full-duplex users,” IEEE Int. Conf. Communications, Malaysia, 2016.
· M. K. Izadinasab, F. Lahouti, B. Hassibi, “Robust causal transform coding for LQG systems with delay loss in communications,” American Control Conference, Boston, USA, 2016.
· A. Sadeghi, F. Lahouti, M. Zorzi, “Constellation shaping and LDPC coding in a bidirectional full duplex communication,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2015.
· R. Joda, E. Erkip, F. Lahouti, “Wyner-Ziv Source coding with feedback and uncertain side information,” IEEE Iran Workshop on Communication and Information Theory, May 2015.
· R. Joda, F. Lahouti, E. Erkip, “Delay-Distortion-Power trade-offs in transmission of quasi-stationary sources over block fading channel,” Revised, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2015.
· A. Azari, J. S. Harsini, F. Lahouti, “Performance analysis of ad-hoc routing in heterogeneous clustered multi-hop wireless networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 80, pp. 143-154, 2015.
· H. Esfahanizadeh, F. Lahouti, B. Hassibi, “A matrix completion approach to linear index coding problem,” IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), Australia, Nov., 2014.
Biological & Neuronal Networks
· S. Ghavami, F. Lahouti, “Abnormality detection in correlated Gaussian molecular nano-networks: Design and analysis,” IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 189-202, 2017.
· S. Ghavami, R. Adve, F. Lahouti, “Bounds on the capacity of ASK molecular communication channels with ISI,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2015.
· S. Ghavami, V. Rahmati, F. Lahouti, L. Schwabe, “'Synchrony in neuronal communication: An energy efficient scheme,” IEEE Iran Workshop on Communication and Information Theory, May 2015.
· S. Ghavami, R. Adve, F. Lahouti, “Information rates of ASK-based molecular communication in fluid media,” To Appear, IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological and Multi-scale Communications.
· S. Ghavami, O. Wolkenhauer, F. Lahouti, M. Ullah, M. Linnebacher, “Accounting for randomness in measurement and sampling in studying cancer cell population dynamics,” IET Systems Biology, vol 8, no. 5, pp. 230-241, Oct. 2014.
125 Moore Lab, MC 136-93
Email ID at caltech.edu: lahouti