(Page still under construction.)
- Phone number
- e-mail address
- <initial><last name>@caltech.edu
- Mailing address
California Institute of Technology,
200 E California Blvd, MC 305-16,
Pasadena, CA 91125
- 329 Annenberg IST Center
I am a PhD candidate in Computer Science, in the Computing and Mathematical Science Department at Caltech. My advisors are Adam Wierman and Katrina Ligett. Prior to that, I received a Master's degree in Operations Research at Columbia University, and an engineering degree from Supelec, a French Grande Ecole.
My main interests lie at the intersection of Computer Science and Economics. My primary focus is to study the new economic and algorithmic challenges posed by the generation of larger and larger amounts of data. In particular, I am interested in the following questions:
- How to price, sell, and exchange data? How to design computationally efficient algorithms and mechanisms to choose whom to buy data from, whom to sell data to, and how to aggregate data and use it for computation?
- How to determine the value of data, and how does data affect agent utilities and behavior in games and auctions?
- How to use data to draw useful conclusions from limited observations of behavior in complex settings?
- How to deal with privacy concerns related to personal and sensitive data?
- Fall 2014: CS/SS152 -- Introduction to Data Privacy
- Optimal Data Acquisition for Statistical Estimation
- Y. Chen, N. Immorlica, B. Lucier, V. Syrgkanis and J. Ziani
- Non-Exploitable Protocols for Repeated Cake Cutting
- O. Tamuz, S. Vardi and J. Ziani
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2018
- Inference on Auctions with Weak Assumptions on Information
- V. Syrgkanis, E. Tamer and J. Ziani
- Efficiently Characterizing Games consistent with Perturbed Equilibrium Observations
- V. Chandrasekaran, K. Ligett and J. Ziani
- Joint Data Purchasing and Data Placement in a Geo-Distributed Data Market
- X. Ren, P. London, J. Ziani and A. Wierman
- Accuracy for Sale: Aggregating Data with a Variance Constraint
- R. Cummings, K. Ligett, A. Roth, Z. S. Wu, and J. Ziani
- Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS), 2015
- Cliques in the union of graphs
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, M. Chudnovsky and J. Ziani
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 2015
- I'm unofficially in charge of coordinating social events in CMS at Caltech.
- I recently got into music, own an acoustic and an electric guitar, and have performed at a student-run open mic at Caltech.
- I recently got my first DSLR camera and got into photography at a very beginner level; see some pictures here!