The Caltech Gnome Club

 

HistoryOfficersEventsPhotosMembershipGnome NotesContact Us The Gnome Club (Kappa Gamma Fraternity) was founded on March 9, 1897. Until the opening of the first four student houses in 1931 ended its official operations, it was one of five local fraternities active at Caltech. The strong loyalty and friendship of those early Gnomes helped it survive as a social club until after World War II. Then active local members approached the Gnomes to suggest that it become active as a service club. The Gnomes began recruiting members from the graduating class in 1949, giving the club new life. Instead of a so-called survivor's club, the Gnomes have become a continuing resource for the Institute.The Gnome Club serves the Caltech community through the Caltech Alumni Association, Alumni Fund, SURF, Caltech Y, Gnome scholarship program, and other activities.