Report Formatting Guidelines
In writing your reports, please keep in mind that we want the Virtual Textbook
to be something that can be read on-line.
- Include a table of contents at the beginning.
- After the ToC should be a 1-page executive summary, emphasizing the important
conclusions drawn from the report.
- Use 12 point Times Roman font, single-spaced, with spaces between paragraphs
(like the HBS cases we are reading), fully justified.
- Embed figures in text, so the document can be read in a linear fashion.
- Put references as footnotes at the bottom of the page where the reference
occurs. This can be followed by a full reference listing at the end of the
document. When referring to webpages, please include the URL as well as the