I am an undergraduate student in physics at the California Institute of Technology. I'm interested in quantum computing and its intersections with fundamental physics and machine learning.
- "A deep learning model for noise prediction on near-term quantum devices.” Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), August 2020.
- "Novel machine learning algorithms for quantum annealing with applications in high energy physics.” Quantum Techniques in Machine Learning, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), October 2019.
- "Machine learning applications of quantum annealing in high energy physics.” AI-at-SLAC Seminar, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, August 2019. (Abstract here.)
See my CV for a full list of publications.
A deep learning model for noise prediction on near-term quantum devices.
A. Zlokapa and A. Gheorghiu, arXiv:2005.10811 [quant-ph], 2020. (Submitted. Available here.) Oral presentation, IEEE/ACM International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 2019. 1st place, ACM SRC SC19. Invited talk, Cambridge Quantum Computing.
Boundaries of quantum supremacy via random circuit sampling.
A. Zlokapa, S. Boixo and D. Lidar, arXiv:2005.02464 [quant-ph], 2020. (Submitted. Available here.)
Quantum adiabatic machine learning by zooming into a region of the energy surface.
A. Zlokapa, A. Mott, J. Job, J.-R. Vlimant, D. Lidar and M. Spiropulu, Physical Review A, 2020, 102 (6), 62405-62413. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.102.062405. Invited talks, Stanford SLAC and QTML conference.
Graph neural networks for particle reconstruction in high energy physics detectors.
X. Ju, A. Zlokapa, et al., 33rd Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), Machine Learning for Physical Sciences Workshops, 2019. (Available here.)
Quantum simulation of wormhole teleportation on near-term quantum devices.
A. Zlokapa, Undergraduate Thesis, Caltech. Advisors: M. Spiropulu and D. Jafferis. (In progress.)
Quantum generative adversarial networks with provable convergence.
M. Niu, A. Zlokapa (presenter), M. Broughton, M. Mohseni, V. Smelyanskyi, and H. Neven, APS March Meeting, 2021. (Accepted, oral presentation.)
See my CV for a full list of awards. Selected awards:
- Hertz Fellowship Finalist (interview upcoming)
- Marshall Scholarship (declined)
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Caltech Green Memorial Prize (research)
- Caltech Haren Lee Fisher Memorial Award (physics)
- "Introduction to quantum machine learning," Caltech freshman physics seminar.
- Instructor, INQNET/Caltech, quantum computing summer program.
- TA, Ph101 Order-of-Magnitude Physics (2021).
- TA, ACM95a Introductory Methods of Applied Mathematics for the Physical Sciences (2021).
- TA, CS156b Learning Systems (2020).