This page contains packing lists from current and past trips. These are kept on our server so you can use them for your own trips.
- Mt. Whitney, February 2007, revised in 2008 and 2009. Packing list webpage (HTML). For a large group trip up the mountaineer's route in Winter conditions.
- Mt. Winchell, October 2006. Packing list in PDF format and in MS Word format. And in HTML (new window). Mt. Winchell is a bit over 13,700' and in the Palisades region in the Sierras. One night camping on the trail, one night at the trailhead. Non-technical, but snow will probably be present.
- Mt. Shasta, July 2006. Packing list in PDF format. This trip was one-night (one night at trailhead), camping on snow, ascending the Whitney glacier. Required crampons and ice axe for moderate snow slopes (~30 to 35 degrees) and rope and glacier rescue gear because the glacier was heavily crevassed. Mt. Shasta is in Northern California, part of the Cascades, and a bit over 14,000'.
- Winter trip in Sierras, 2006. This trip never happened. We were planning on a semi-technical ascent in mid-winter. Here's the packing list (PDF)
- Two-day winter trip to High Sierras, source unknown (Feb 2006 or earlier). Here's the packing list (PDF)